Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A GREAT DAY!

Hello Everyone!

We have had our best day yet! It was sunny for our drive to Thorghog Castle. It actually snowed here last night and the pink roses are still in bloom. Thus the picture below.
(If you double click on the pictures I think that it should enlarge it.)

This place is beautiful! President George Bush (the 1st one) has stayed here along with 4 other Presidents. For dinner we started with Duck Pate' and yes I tried it. Then claim soup with scallops and claims. I tried it, it was good but very rich. The main course was duck breast with fried potato & pumpkin. It also included asparagus, cabbage and onion. The potato pumpkin was very good. I tried the duck but ............ I don't think I will be ordering it off the menu in the future! But now for the best part dessert!!!!!!

A wonderful mini chocolate cake with hot chocolate in the center and strawberry ice cream too die FOR!

Anyway, we hiked to a waterfall that is here on site this afternoon, I fell on the way back but hey we all no that I have enough padding! After the waterfall or RobinFall we walked down to the castle. It started to rain and then we saw a double rainbow. I will close tonight with pictures. We are having a wonderful time but missing EVERYONE! I don't know about this 17 days!

We have met some wonderful people and even some people from Raleigh NC. Tonight we had dinner with a wonderful Swedish couple, very interesting. But we still miss you all!






Blessed!

Robin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The castle is beautiful Robin. I hope your stomach is better and you two are having a great time! Send more pics.
Kaye