Thursday, October 16, 2008

And We're Off!

Hey Everybody,

We are currently in the Windy City waiting for our 4:25 p.m. flight. So far the only excitement has been trying to make sure that our lugage was under 50 pounds. I came in at 48.5 and Dennis was over at 52 lbs. That is what he gets for preaching @ me about watching the weight! :-) We have been through Security several times now so I think we have the taking our shoes off down pat. When I did log on to the blog it was in swedish, maybe that can count for some excitement too?

I've had several people who wanted to know more of the how's and why's of our trip so for all those questions here are some of the answers. Most everyone is aware of my health, and the status of my legal case. I had decided a while back (May) that I wanted and needed a new car. The BMW is great but now that Tristian is here Nana needed a bigger car or at least one with a back seat. I knew that I wanted a hard top convertible so we were checking them out and stopped by Clayton Volvo. We met the nicest guy named Nort who was more than willing to talk with us even after the store had closed. He told us to come back the next day and we would take one for a spin. We did and I liked the car a lot. Me being the bean counter I am asked about the pricing "best deal"offer and Nort told us about the overseas delievery program. Volvo is flying us round trip, putting us up in a 4 star hotel for 2 nights and we pick up MY car at the factory on Monday. We will tour the plant, have lunch and learn all the bells and whistles of my car and then we are off to drive around Sweden for a week. We purchased a couple of tour packages, one of which we will stay in Castles and Mannors as we travel to the different towns.

On Monday the 27th we will drop my car back at the plant, they will ship it back to the USA and Dennis and I will continue on our BIG adventure to Rome where we are staying 3 nights and 4 1/2 days. Then we go to Copenhagen for Friday/night and we will head back on Saturday morning.

I would say we got a SWEET deal! If you are interested just give Nort a call. I would highly recommend it!

The flight over is 8+ hours and Sweden is 6 hours ahead so we will arrive at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning local time. I am sure jet lag will cause something else to lag on me! Anyway I am so excited! The hillbilly goes to Europe. Please follow along and we should be able to update from Stockholm (Friday & Saturday) and then we are taking the train to Gothenburg Sunday afternoon. Once we leave Gothenburg the access maybe spotty so we will just see.

Leave us a message so we will know if anyone is out there!

Love!
Robin

1 comment:

David Resseguie said...

Just to let you know I'm following along. Have fun!